Monday, May 14, 2012

Mother's Day weekend hangover.

I bet everyone thought I got wasted this weekend, huh?! Nope! Not one drink but I am so wiped out and am hurting like I went on a bender. My little road trip Saturday was a success despite the horrible construction and detour. THANKFULLY- my guts actually cooperated with me. I left my house at 1125a and didn't get home until around 9pm. In that time I only had to urgently get somewhere once! Seriously, groundbreaking. Holy shit. To say the least. I had a great day with an old friend and watched our kiddos play together and then we went to dinner with kids and hubsters. I even ate onion rings. LIVING ON THE EDGE!!!!
Woke up Mother's day a bit early. Got some great gifts, especially my Clarisonic Mia 2 and had a beautiful lunch outside. Walked around in an outdoor shopping area a bit then came home and crashed for 3 hours. Not kidding. 3 solid hours. Today I feel like I got hit by a truck. It sucks. I did nothing a 'normal' person would find slightly strenuous this weekend. 34 going on 84 people!!! Get my walker and orthopedic shoes. Any-who-the good news is I am officially one week out from my total colectomy. I went for my pre testing today at the hospital. This is how happy I was about it------>



Good news- my heart works (and here you guys thought I was heartless), I am highly photogenic when it comes to Xrays, and I was the most entertaining patient my RN has had in a long time. Awesome. Here's to hoping my levels aren't so low I'll need a transfusion the morning of surgery. So far I have to be there at 1030a for IV fluids and the O.R is booked for 130p. A few units of blood gets time consuming and I just don't have time to have my time wasted. ;-)

They don't want me in my contacts, or any makeup. Well, that just sucks. I rarely wear my glasses, and I hate not having at least mascara, concealer and some color on my cheeks. Boo- au natural it is. I also told the RN to note my file for my surgeon that I want a full photo shoot of my removed, rotten colon. Ewwwww- I can't wait!!!

Now I'm home and am fighting fatigue from the weekend and am having quite a bit of abdominal pain. I will suck it up. There's laundry to put away and my hair needs a color. I am going to attempt to color it myself. Man, I miss my hair guru, Misty. She's out on maternity leave and I need her!!! OK, I am going to attempt not to crash. I should hear from my surgeon tomorrow for an official green light. Will keep everyone posted!! Have a great day. ;-)

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12277951/?claim=75juqmu6hv7">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

2 comments:

  1. You has a great blog. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

    Lets keep writing and share your information to us.

    Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

    ReplyDelete