Friday, May 11, 2012

Blog initiation

I have no idea what I'm doing but I wanted to start this as a timeline for what I'm about to go through and how it'll affect my life. I wish I had done this 3 years ago and documented my hospitalizations and weight fluctuations. I have Ulcerative Colitis and if you are like most people I meet, you have no clue what that is. I say I'm sick, but don't look sick (for the most part) and most people don't think it's a big deal. Well, if you have even a basic idea of what your intestines do for your survival, it's safe to say that if they aren't working properly, you are screwed. Basically, my body is attacking my colon(large intestine) as if it doesn't belong in my body. Internal chaos ensues. Malnourishment, intestinal pain, bathroom urgency, blood loss, diarrhea and chronic pain all over. Sounds exciting huh?! No biggie right? Well, that's how most people react. Sometimes I go days without eating. Somedays I won't leave the house because I need to be near the loo at all times. I'm too tired to play with my kids or go out with my husband. Showering takes everything I have some days. Yes, I'm that worn out at 34. Imagine getting ready to go out only to find you used all your juice to get dolled up and now you just want to go to bed.
 So, after about 3 1/2 years of this crap(so to speak) I have decided to have a total  Colectomy in the hopes that I will have my life back. Unlike Crohns disease, once my large intestines are gone, the disease will be gone too. Surgery is May 21st. I am very anxious. I'm not nervous yet. We'll see what happens. This is my story. This is my life. Definitely not as planned. Thanks for playing.

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12277951/?claim=75juqmu6hv7">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment