Thursday, May 17, 2012

And it only took 6.5 hours...

My transfusion took FOREVER. They finally started the vamp juice at 9am and the second bag finished at 330pm. Holy crap. I got there at 8am.
Ok, I'm not really sure if I look more alive after two units of blood of not. I can't tell. This is before-->



This is after ------>


The lighting is totally different so who knows. My bangs definitely got jacked up from them checking my temp all day. Don't the nurses know bangs are very high maintenance? WTF!? =)

I came home and put a nice Muppett bandaid on my wound and within an hour developed a fever. OF COURSE I DID. ARRGGHHH...... so I wallowed in some fries and gravy which I will be certain to regret in a few hours. Everyone with normal guts- don't take it for granted. Enjoy your fast food, red meat, beer and whatever other garbage that is ridiculously hard for your body to process. You don't feel how hard your guts work to deal with it. I do and it's not fun. Never take your health for granted. Don't put off that run, or that trip because there are endless tomorrows. You just don't know. My life has been upside down for 3 and a half years and I kick myself for all the things I put off thinking I would be healthy forever. Sometimes you just don't know. =(

Tomorrow I am hopefully going to be able to hold it together enough to take Daughter #1 out with a friend and her mom. I had to cancel dinner plans tonight and was bummed. I have 2 days left before I'm out of commission for a bit. Let's hope these rotten guts cooperate.  Night nights, everyone. This broad is checking out. =P

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12277951/?claim=75juqmu6hv7">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment