Saturday, May 19, 2012

The last supper(and dessert)

Good evening and Happy World IBD Day!!! Today was tough. Really tough. Again, slept like crap, the pain waking me up a million times. Felt pretty good in the morning despite severe cramping. Funny how I'm so used to pain I can have a good morning while my pain level is about an 8. How life changes.
Any-who, grabbed some Panera bagels with Daughter #1 and came home to put some laundry away and do some cleaning. I would just like to say, whoever builds a house and decides to put carpet on the stairs is officially a moron.... vacuuming stairs is ALMOST a bigger pain in the arse as my UC. Seriously, there is no easy way to do it. The easiest way is to let someone else do it. Hahaa...I'm hilarious.
So I cleaned and played Monopoly with Daughter #1(she killed me). About 3pm the telltale signs of a fever hit me out of no where. My joints started to ache, head pounding. The second my temp hits 99 I feel it everywhere. Did I mention my Take Steps walk for the CCFA was today at 6pm? Yes, so this fever was seriously pissing me off. Like why can't I get a break. I wanted to cry. I can't plan ONE thing. I haven't been able to in over three years. I couldn't plan a wedding because what if I ended up back in the hospital? I had exactly what I wanted in my head, and this effing disease made it impossible.
Needless to say, I got ready and went to the walk with the Hubs and the kiddos. Here is me, with the kids----->


At this point I was definitely achey, but happy to be in the sunshine and walk since so many wonderful people sponsored us and donated money. Well, I made it about a mile before the pain hit. Horrible. Here's a funny(not funny) thing- It was a walk to raise money for people with IBD- so you know there were people walking who basically live in their shitters. There was not ONE porta-potty on the whole route...Who the hell needs to be fired for that crap!? Seriously- So anyway we looped to go back because I was dying. I seriously was thinking I was going to have to rough it and visit a tree. Luckily, I made it to modern plumbing and guzzled some Pepto. I was cramped and in pain the ride home.
Luckily, at home, I have pain killers. Wonderful opiates that make nights like this livable.
So I managed a few fork fulls of delicious Pad Thai, in between jaunts to the john. One wonderful thing is Daughter #2 LOVES Pad Thai. My work here is done!!
Needless to say I am pretty stoned right now, but the pain is gone. I'm lucky I can type but I have bigger fish to fry. I needed dessert... Chocolate Ice Cream with Oreos crumbled up. Mmmmmm....
Pic!!! ----------->



Oh my was it fan-freaking-tastic. Why was I eating so much when I was obviously in so much pain, you may ask?? Great question. Answer- tomorrow I am on clear liquids only and bowel clearing prep. I will stop all intake including water at midnight Sunday. I probably won't get to have a drink until after 630pm Monday night in recovery. 
After surgery Monday my diet will be pretty limited. Starting with liquids and building up like what you do with a baby. So, it may be a while before I can sit and have a proper delicious meal. I love food- this disease has been the biggest kick in the ass. 
Okay- That's about all I will bore you with tonight. One day. One day. That's all I have to get through and hopefully I can have my life back. Being able to go somewhere and not be in pain or have to seriously sprint to a toilet will be amazing. I know that sounds funny, but it's quite horrifying. It's like food poisoning everyday of my life, with chronic pain and fatigue. 
Thanks for reading. 

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/12277951/?claim=75juqmu6hv7">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

No comments:

Post a Comment