Tuesday, May 15, 2012

And so it goes...

Well, here we are one day closer. Life is pretty typical and random despite the GIANT life changing appointment I have Monday. Our dog Daisy is still hunting and killing birds in the backyard. We have some serious pet cemetery going on back there. Disgusting. Apparently my 9 month old has decided napping during the day is for wankers and has boycotted them. She woke up this morning, slept for 20 minutes in the car, and was up the entire day. I just laid her down now at 9pm. The only bonus is she will probably sleep easily until 8am tomorrow. The no nap has it's trade offs. My 7 year old still thinks I run a diner. I was not cooking tonight (it had nothing to do with the fact that hubs and I pigged out on burgers around 2pm), and I told her she could have leftovers from yesterday or a PB&J. So we ask what she wants. Her reply, "I want a chicken finger sub". Uuummm yeah, I don't think that was on the daily special!!!
I got all of my results back from my pre- Op tests and the only issue was my hemoglobin levels. Yesterday I told the RN that I knew they'd be low because I flare nonstop, and that I bet I'll need 2 units of blood. So, the hospital calls- yep. Hemoglobin at 7.2. Normal is 10.9. I need 2 units. So I'm getting type and cross done tomorrow and maybe transfused. If not I'll be getting 2 units Thursday. No wonder I'm wiped out over every little thing! I'm not surprised though. This is pretty typical of the last three and a half years. My body has adapted to being anemic. A lot of people would be blacking out at my 'normal' levels but I just keep ticking!!
Been thinking about my last meal! I have to fast on Sunday and after surgery my diet will be pretty limited for a while. Wondering what I should pig out on Saturday. Any suggestions?? ;-)

Here's a pic of one of my past infusions. This one was 4 units. Doesn't seem like much but the average adult has 10-12 units in their body! Seems like a lot after hearing that doesn't it!? Random fact of the day! =)


2 comments: