Tuesday, April 23, 2013

WEGO writing challenge day#23- hasta luego, social media.

Today's prompt--
Write about how your life would change if there was no social media.

Well, firstly I would no longer be able to play word games with high school friends who live across the country that I haven't seen in 18 years. That would lead to me having a lot more free time. Although, they say word games, crosswords etc... keep the mind active, and young and can prevent dementia in later years. So, I like to think of the time I put in to Words with Friends and Scramble with Friends as preventative measures against mental health decline. I am trying not to lose my marbles.  Candy Crush is it's own thing and I refuse to contemplate what it does to my brain. 
Without social media I would not have such an awesome network of IBDers that I know understand my deal. I'd be missing out on connections with old friends that I lost contact with. I may not be married to my husband.  
I love my blog outlet. I love writing it, even though I do tend to slack from time to time. If there was no blogging or tweeting I'd be missing out on other people's stories and may be feeling much more isolated with everything I have gone through. 
I like connecting with people who I would never know, and yet there they are, like friends I've always had. For as much bullshit that is on the internet there are so many more positives. Effortless connections are wonderful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment