Sunday, April 7, 2013

Day #7 WEGO writer's challenge-- People have no filter.

So I was a bit negligent this weekend and missed a few days and here I am picking up on day #7.
Here are the challenge details---

HAWMC Day 7 – Sensationalize!

Say WHAT!? What’s the most ridiculous thing you’ve heard about health or your condition? Where did you hear it and what did you think?

Do I really have to pick ONE ridiculous thing??? There's no way so I will just go ahead and throw a few out there. Note, my comments following would be written in a sarcasm font if available. 

* "Try eating more vegetables. If you eat healthier you'll have less digestive issues." Oh yes Obiwan. I should eat more fiber and ruffage and increase the activity in my ulcerated, bleeding and inflamed colon. Spot on!!! Why didn't my two GIs think of that? Hell, it could have been that easy!? It makes COMPLETE sense that my diseased guts would heal by sending rougher material through it. I feel like such a fool. :-/

* "Oh my god, THAT sucks. I would HATE to be that sick." Oh no, I freaking love it. Nothing like a week in the hospital for a good time. 

* "Try changing your diet." Yep. To what? Let me know what foods magically cure my immune system attacking my colon. 

* "You don't look sick."  This one is a classic among the IBD community. What does sick look like? Have you actually seen my colonoscopy pics? No? Well here, I'll show you what sick looks like from the inside. 

* "It's autoimmune? So you mean, like AIDS?"  That is a syndrome that develops from HIV. Nothing else is affiliated with your immune system besides AIDS. You guessed it. 

* "I wish I could not work and lay in bed all day." Oh do you? You wish you could have excruciating intestinal cramping where you can't stand up? You wish you had the arthritis that comes and goes where my knees feel like someone is stabbing them with a knife and my fingers hurt so bad I can't make a fist? Oh, you wish you were so anemic and malnourished that you can't stand up without blacking out and can't raise your arms over your head to wash your own hair? Really? You do? Hmmmm..that's an odd thing to wish for.

Those are just a few. People are ignorant and thoughtless. Do people really think that if something would work, we wouldn't TRY IT!!! If yoga could cure me, don't you think I'd be at a yoga studio 2 times a day, 7 days a week?? So frustrating. Even more reason to talk and tell my story and attempt to make people more familiar with IBD. 

I went out to a golf facility called Top Golf today. I used to golf a lot before I got sick. Afterward it was too painful to continuously twist and swing a club. It felt so great to do it and I felt so normal!!! Longest drive was only 103 but I'll take it!

Here's me! =)




Hope everyone had a great weekend!! Xo


No comments:

Post a Comment