Friday, April 19, 2013

WEGO Day #19- Vintage Lisa throwback pic


Today’s Prompt:
  • Post a vintage photo of yourself, with a caption about the photo and where you were in terms of your health condition.
The joy of finding a beautiful vintage item is the history behind it, imagining how it was used or worn and cherished by its previous owner. In many ways, vintage items have lived a whole other life before coming into yours. Take this concept and apply it to a vintage photo of yourself. What story does this photo tell about you and your condition? What was your life like when it was taken? How have things changed since then?

I am 'only' 35 so I don't know how vintage I can really be. Maybe to a 15 year old I am but when I think vintage I think the 1940s and 1950s. Pin-up girls and poodle skirts. Glam Hollywood. Red lips and peep toe shoes. 
Anyway, my last laptop crashed and I lost all my pictures because I was an idiot and never backed it up. BACK UP YOUR COMPUTERS EVERYONE! 
This means I lost everything from the second I went to digital. Daughter #1 as a little munchkin, her Kinder field trips, a lot of my illness documentation, pregnancy pics, nights out with friends, family, vacations, my wedding day to Hubs... I have to stop because thinking of it makes me sick to my stomach.
 So it was slim pickings, but here is vintage Lisa. 
It was the St. Patrick's Day parade day in Buffalo 2009. Insanity! We started off with brunch at 1030am at Cole's and literally wandered around bar to bar until we ended back at Cole's for an 11pm meal! I was with a group of people I love and have a blast with and miss so much now that I'm in Texas. I had a job I loved, awesome coworkers, the social life was kicking because I was going through a divorce and perpetually celebrating it. It was the Lisa D variety show!! I was working hard, playing hard and hadn't been diagnosed yet. I was a better mom now that I wasn't with my ex who was destroying my life. Symptoms were still mild where I wasn't worried and hadn't even seen a doctor yet. Life was good. I was starting over and I felt like ANYTHING was possible.  ---->
VERY shortly after this day my life would change, symptoms got worse and I officially became a 'sick' girl. 

No comments:

Post a Comment