Thursday, August 23, 2012

Life is good!!

I am happy to report that my J Pouch has no leaks!! It looks like it healed up perfectly internally!! Yah!! The Hypaque enema was not the most pleasant experience but definitely not the worst I've been through. The 5mg of Valium may have had a lot to do with my calm. It was pretty cool because I got to watch it on the screen. So weird to watch what I could feel internally. So now that that's out of the way we are moving on!!! I could get in to have my reversal done September 14th, but seeing as I'm flying September 25th that would be pushing it. As badly as I want it done and not deal with the TSA and my bag and supplies, I also want to enjoy myself in NY and pig out on some good food. Trying out a new J Pouch in that situation is not the best idea.
So it looks like the first week of October is feasible. My surgeon's scheduler said October is pretty open so in all honesty, if I wanted to go in the Friday after I get back I can. I see him the 30th so I'll get it all ironed out. It is closing in fast. Let's hope this J Pouch likes me and I can move forward without any more issues.
We are leaving tomorrow for a big Griswald road trip to San Antonio to go to SeaWorld and whatnot. I'm excited. I love SeaWorld and I have never been to San Antonio and love to go explore new cities. What's super awesome is that I can actually get in a car and drive 5 hours without hesitation. Without stopped quite possibly every 15 minutes, or even worse, not stopping in time! I love it. I used to be nervous to drive 30 minutes. Life is so different with that rotten colon out of my life. I'm so glad I dumped him. That relationship was going nowhere!!
So I am about to pack all my supplies and and make sure we have everything ready tonight as we are heading out at 6am!! Yikes!
I will let you know how it all goes when we get back. Hopefully no leaks at the Alamo or bag explosions with Shamu!! Looking forward to the mini-escape!
Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

  1. Lisa, I think you are wise to wait until after your travels to have the take-down. It is not something that you recover from quickly. While we are all different, and you are a lot younger than I, most that I have heard from, say that it takes the body quite a while to adjust to the new mini-colon. I made many bathroom visits and put up with painful butt burn, not something you want do put up with while traveling. Best of luck, Richard

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! I was being overly ambitious, to put it mildly! It can wait a few weeks. Thanks!!! =)

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete