Monday, August 27, 2012

Back to reality...

Well hello Blogger land. We are back from our mini vacation and the kids started school today! The trip was excellent. No mishaps. I was like a normal person. Well..for me anyway. We left Dallas on Friday at around 6am. Outside of Austin we stopped at this underground cavern tour. It went 70 feet underground. It was amazing. What's beneath the earth's surface that you don't even realize is incredible. What's more incredible is that I could go on an hour long tour underground without hesitation. No toilets down there. I would have missed out prior to my colectomy. Now, I'd love to do it again! Life is real again!!
We went on to the state capital in Austin and then got into San Antonio around dinnertime. Friday was a long and full day. We saw a ton in 12 hours and drove 300+ miles! Saturday we spent at SeaWorld. The only thing I didn't participate in was the water rides. Getting my wafer wet and not being able to dry it stopped me. I didn't feel like dealing with another yeast infection. The day was awesome. Fed and petted the dolphins, saw the coral reef get fed by the SCUBA lady. Pic of us at the end of the day--->

 ..... I over packed my gear and used less than I thought but better to be over prepared! No sunscreen fails either. Everyone survived lobster free!
If you are ever in SA hit up Riverwalk. Very cool concept. Restaurants and shops and beautiful walkways and greenery all along the river through the city. Look it up. I loved it. Wish we had time for the boat ride though. Only disappointment.
Sunday we saw the Alamo and headed home. My bathroom breaks didn't hold us up! Yah!! I had zero anxiety and stress about the situation. All in all- wonderful. I seriously wouldn't have been able to do this in May and before. Now- anything I want to do is available to me!
Such a great feeling. Now I just have to conquer the TSA! Piece of cake!
Seeing the surgeon Thursday to schedule my reversal! So excited! It will feel good to have a date in the books. I'll keep everyone posted as you know.
Oh- new pic of how beautiful my belly and stoma looks! Yes, beautiful and perfect!


Here are some random pics of the trip. I'm posting from my phone so I hope it works!!



Part of the Riverwalk in San Antonio. So amazing.





Underground cavern



The Alamo. So small in person.



#1 and me on the trip.


We fed the dolphins at SeaWorld. Very cool. 

#1 and me after dinner at Riverwalk.












No comments:

Post a Comment