Sunday, July 22, 2012

Reflection

I was going to blog the last few days but after hearing, seeing and reading so much about the Colorado shooting I didn't feel like anything I had to say was important. It was so heartbreaking to read everything and to know how calculated the shooter was in planning the massacre of innocent people. What did he think that would accomplish? I read he was failing in his PhD program so he withdrew from it. Did killing those people suddenly make him a more successful person? It's so horrifying. So sad. Over and over with these shootings we see that the shooter was an extremely introverted loner. No friends. Always kept to themselves. That is so troublesome. He had no criminal record but was obviously whacked in the head. And why is it necessary to ever need to sell an automatic weapon to a civilian? No one is hunting with one or using it as protection. It is a warfare piece of weaponry and it needs to be taken off the market. I'm all for SANE people having the right to guns, but NEVER an automatic weapon. Something has to be done. These tragedies are senseless and terrifying.
Now that my mini-rant is over...
I met with my surgeon Thursday. We are 4 weeks out from the barium enema to test my J pouch. If there are zero leaks then we can schedule surgery as early as the first week of September. Hopefully an OR will be available. I'm antsy and can't wait to get put back together. After speaking with him I sat amd thought about surgery #2. Sometimes it just doesn't work. You can get pouchitis, for example. As much as I can't wait to see how life is with the J pouch, if I had to have an ostomy forever I would be ok with it. There is definite inconvenience to it, but inconvenience trumps pain any day of the week. I've had enough of pain for the rest of my life. I feel like I've put in my dues and shouldn't have to have unnecessary pain ever again. That's just what I've come to terms with. Is it my ideal outcome? No, but I'm strong and secure enough to make it an ok part of my life. It would be an adjustment but like I said, it's way better than pain. I know this wouldn't even be an option for many. I know many people would rather fight internal pain for years than have an external issue like an ostomy. Not me. I've got too much to do to let UC take me down. Colon Eviction!!!! Best thing ever.
#1 has been gone 6 days. It's been VERY quiet!! I know she's having fun but I miss hearing her little Minnie Mouse voice. #2 turned 1 on Friday! I can't believe it. She's a crazy, funny little thing...so much personality!
Hubs and I are fighting colds. The whole day yesterday was consumed by a long drawn out nap. It's been so nice being off immunosuppressents and not being sick DAILY! Regardless, I guess I'm still susceptible to a cold. I guess I'm not Wonder Woman! Who knew.
My online class was a big waste. I'm withdrawing from it Monday. My other class is going well. 98 on my first test. And yes, I fought for the one question I got wrong to try to get the 100. I'm annoying like that!
My current obsession is with Pinterest to try to get ideas for this house. I am the worst with decorating and ideas. I'm a commitment phobe with paint colors. I want the house to have more personality than it does and have richer color. But again, I'm clueless so I have to try to steal other people's ideas. I'm just not artistic on any level! HATE THAT!
Yes, I need big help!! ;-)
Got bored with my blonde hair and wanted it somewhat red. Well, I went a bit overboard. It was dark!!! Luckily, red hair fades fast with washing and it toned down. I always feel more ME as a blonde, but I love some dramatic changes. Plus I feel bangs look better dark!
Here's a pic of the current me...
Ok everyone - happy Sunday!! Have a great day. Thanks for reading and feel free to share my blog.
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment