Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Gluttony

I am a slacker! Sorry it's been a bit. My summer class started and #1 left for Florida today so I was trying to spend some time with her. And honestly, I don't think I've had anything anyone wants to read. I'm boring myself!!
Life is SLOWLY dragging on. I have yet to swim. I am a loser. I go see my surgeon today because I am 8 weeks Post OP!!! Wow... crazy. I am hoping we can set a date for the enema test in another few weeks to see if I can get a green light for surgery #2. It's coming up fast and I can not wait!!!
My abs must be doing something odd in the healing process as the last week or so when I sit up, or stretch out etc...they are sore as hell. They are sore like I actually worked out the day before(absolutely didn't).
Still not gaining weight so I am enjoying the ability to eat whatever... I had McDonald's twice yesterday like a disgusting pig. OMG> Today I feel quite sluggish and have a headache and I know it's from that much nastiness going into my body. So, I'm going to try to lay off the garbage for a few days. That was overkill, my friends. Ewww...
Class is going ok, with the exception that it starts at 8am. They see me at my best(sarcasm). I get out of bed at 715 to leave by 740a. Yeah- I have become fond of the baseball hat. There is nothing in me that can attempt to beautify myself that early. Especially for school. I'm lucky I have a Keurig because that's as much effort as I can muster to make coffee even. I'm a slug.
Oh ok- Surgeon just rescheduled to Thursday..WTH. That's fine because I'm two days close to the 3 month mark then!
My stoma issues are minor at this point. Still some raw area directly around the stupid stoma(SS) that won't heal up no matter what I do. I just have to suck it up a few more weeks. It's just gotten really annoying having a radiating, burning area nonstop on my body. Then it gets itchy and there's nothing I can do but suffer! Arrghhhh...
Hubs and I took the kids to the Taste of Dallas on Sunday via the DART train. It was a nice adventure from them. The whole time I was just hoping I would blow a wafer! We got there and I went to change bags. Needless to say, the bathrooms weren't the most accommodating. Very disappointing. All in all no major issues. It was hot as hell outside so I had some discomfort under my wafer from sweating but the day progressed without drama. I had some delicious food. I don't know why Texas doesn't plan these outdoor fairs and festivals in the spring or fall. Summer is just absolutely too brutal for all this stuff. I love going to these things but not in heat like this. So dumb. It's so hot it's impossible to look good. I see these girls with their makeup dripping off, heels, hair curled and sprayed and they are literally sagging and melting. The melty face looks worse than them having no makeup on. One girl actually had her spray tan/self tanner dripping down her legs in streaks... yeah- time for a slightly new approach to beauty in this weather. Some days it's just too hot to try.
Here's #1 and me right when we got to the Taste. Before I felt like melting.


Yep- tank top, no makeup and baseball hat...Anything more would have slid off. =)

I think I can easily say that my abdomen is finally at the most 'normal' state it has been since before surgery.
So ready for the bag to be gone. It's become cumbersome and stopping me from getting dressed. I don't know how people say they wear everything normal and tuck their bags in because it just doesn't work like that for me. Jeans that should fit don't button right. Stuff doesn't sit low enough. A million things. I'm planning to go out tonight! I'm meeting up with an old friend who is in town to play an event with her band and want to get dressed up and have NO idea how I'm going to do this...Ugh..better go through the closet now!

Here's an update of the FrankenBelly.

Ok- I'm off to do some studying and figure out what's for dinner AND find something relatively cute for tonight. That's going to be tough!
Thanks for reading. Have a great week!
XO

No comments:

Post a Comment