Saturday, July 7, 2012

Grey out? Say what??

I've been a very bad, and neglectful blog mommy. So sorry it's been a while, but I actually had some stuff going on that actually had nothing to do with my crappy health! (GASP!).
My mom was in town for a few days and we were out and about with #1 and I haven't really been on my laptop much all week.
It was a great visit and I ate too much which was actually nice because I have been eating foods I have been avoiding for a few years.... One of my favorite things to eat is Tomatoes with Fresh Mozzarella and basil. Yeah- tomatoes were always a no go... I think I ate that twice this week!!! So delicious. And I can drink coffee again!!!! Oddly, I don't really enjoy it as much as I used to. Kind of annoying.
Summer is chugging along. I got special little tiny bags that are hopefully going to work so I can get in the pool now and then.
Here's a pic from yesterday showing my new bag I ordered.

I no longer empty anything. That's for the birds. I have disposable, one use bags from Convatec and they make life so ridiculously easy. It fills, you pop it off, toss it, put a new one on. It sits flat and can be disguised easily and most importantly the frustration and DISGUST I was feeling over emptying the effing bags 100 times a day is gone. It's like a Christmas miracle. =) For some reason dealing with that really depressed the crap out of me. I tried not to let it, but it was just there...playing with poo. NO THANKS. Moving on....
I took a pic with the new 'mini' bag in the same bikini I wore before surgery. I am a sicko and wanted a before and after shot. Yes I am thinner especially in the torso...but holy crap I am the fattest skinny girl I have ever seen. Any semblance of muscle tone has disappeared. Lovely. Maybe if I finally stop seeing spots and greying out I'll start working out. Ugh- The bikini tells no lies, my friends. You can't fool it.

Here's the mini bag----->
Here's my fat-skinny girl pic with the original.

 I obviously won't be wearing a bikini with the bag, no matter how small it is because people tend to freak out about what the don't understand or what they fear. So I got a tankini and that will work to hide my abdomen not because I'm worried about it, but because I need to protect the ignorant from themselves.
I need a vacation...still. #1 is going to Florida July 17- Aug 1st. Crazy! It will be quiet here for sure! Maybe I'll sneak into her bag. =-) What a brat!!

I'm still waiting to find out what is going on with me seeing spots and almost blacking out... Little tidbit- I am technically greying out. It's one shade before full blackout. My doctor told me and I laughed.
Anyway- the new guess is that I'm hypovolemic. Low blood volume. Can be caused by blood loss so rapid that you can not create it fast enough to replace, and dehydration among other things. Without a colon I'm not absorbing water and salt and potassium, and my small bowel is still 'learning' it's new job. My output is very high. I'm drinking nonstop but it can't compensate for what my colon did.  If you can believe it, until my bloodwork comes back, I actually had a doctor tell me to increase my salt intake... how often do you hear that! McDonald's french fries? Doctor's orders!! Salt will help me maintain and absorb more water. Essentially acting as a crutch to my poor stupid small bowel who doesn't know it's been promoted. On a side note, I am so happy I took a cell biology course last semester. When I read about all of this, and the doc explains it, I actually completely understand what it means. I can actually picture it in my head. OMG. So wonderful when the doc is using terms about it being isotonic, or potassium cations I know what it means.... so cool...but I digress.

Hubs and I went on a movie date while my mom was in town. That was the first movie we've seen since I was preggo. We went and saw 'Ted'. So freaking hilarious. I highly recommend it if you are not offended easily, enjoy 'Family Guy' and are familiar with Seth McFarlane's work. So funny. Loved it.

Here's a FrankenBelly update...I know you've all been on the edge of your seat so I will oblige. =)
Still some rawness and discomfort around the stoma. It's better than it's been. All my inflammation and swelling has finally gone away and my stomach looks more normal. I think it will probably stay this way. It will be 7 weeks post Op on Monday. It doesn't seem that long. Weird.
I went to see a Disability attorney yesterday to appeal my denial. Gotta love the government. Pay into SS since I was 16, and I have to fight and claw to use some of it. Nice. I'm sick enough to need a major organ removed because my health is so bad, but I should be working full time. Right.... I'm not sure any company would pay me to be in the bathroom 20 times a shift. Jerks. Oh, and my attorney has UC. So he totally gets it!!! How random is that!! So awesome. Thinking positive.
Going out to dinner tonight... I'm starving!! I can't even explain how wonderful it is to just eat something and not weigh the consequences or to be sick for 3 days because you ate something. I don't even consider how something will make me sick anymore because it WON'T!!! Now, if that isn't fantastic I don't know what is!
Everyone have a great weekend! If I swim I'll update you! Thanks for reading.
Cheers,
Gutsy Broad.

No comments:

Post a Comment