Friday, December 21, 2012

Bionic feet and crafty wonders...

Well, I kinda sorta made the wreath I saw on Pinterest. I did run out of bulbs halfway but I think I did an ok job with what I had. Metal coat hanger that I scrounged from a friend, and some bulbs I bought that never really went with anything but I couldn't throw out. Here is a pic of my ring o'balls.

It's not as I had envisioned it but it works for me. I may rearrange some bulbs if I'm feeling ambitious but probably not. Let's hope the Grinch that stole my other one doesn't strike again.
I finally got all the wrapping and steri-strips off my foot from surgery. I haven't washed that foot since Thanksgiving weekend. Gross. I can finally shower without a bag sealed around my foot.
Here's a before and after.


There's still quite a bit of swelling and my range of motion isn't even close to 100% but I'm getting there. I have to exercise my toe a few times daily to get flexibility back and stop scar tissue from forming so I can use my foot properly. It really hurts to bend a toe that doesn't want to bend. I have two screws in there. So I am bionic. I still hate feet. That won't change. =)

In other news, I am full on raging about doctor's and insurance companies. I am so over it. My foot surgeon used an assistant surgeon. Well, said assistant is out of network. Apparently, I was supposed to ask my surgeon's office if the assistant was in network prior to agreeing to surgery. Would you have asked knowing your actually surgeon is in network?? I didn't even think about it. Why would I? So apparently I owe this assistant surgeon that I had no input about, $1300. Yeah right.... I'm not paying it. Such bullshit. I am so DONE with doctor's and meds, and insurance claims and blood work, and appointments. DONE! I just hung up with my insurance company and apparently I'M the idiot for not being more intuitive that I should have asked. Did I mention I called my insurance company prior to surgery and asked about an assistant surgeon being covered? Oh yeah. I was told I have 100% surgical coverage that covers anyone who needs to be in the OR. Ok... swell... let's move ahead. Now, AFTER THE FACT, the assistant surgeon isn't lumped into that. My cheeks are hot. I'm appealing it naturally, but I'm sure it won't matter. I was having a perfectly fine day until this happening. I'm sick about it. But can you imagine if I had asked and they said, oh the guy who assists is out of network and I said I didn't want him there? I probably would have had to find a new surgeon. It's so ridiculous I could scream.
I'm going to go outside in the cold and look at my crafty ring o'balls and hopefully snap out of my rage so I can call my surgeons office and not sound like someone related to Honey Boo Boo. I'm so mad the F bombs would be flying. So I'm going to take pause. I'll let you know what happens. What a crock of shit.

2 comments:

  1. I feel your pain. Everytime I get a colonoscopy I get hit with all kinds of weird bills. Thank you insurance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it ridiculous. I always wonder about the people who never question it and just pay the bills at face value! I call and question everything. But I've been a professional patient for years...

    ReplyDelete