Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I need my head examined. Seriously.

Yes Ladies and Gents... I am off my rocker. Just when I was feeling close to normal and the lomotil was doing it's job, what did I do? I scheduled elective foot surgery. Yep. It's true, I have been putting it off for roughly 15 years and all, and I figured why not. My deductible is met, I'm not working, I'm taking an online class and it's going into colder weather when I tend to hide out anyway.
I hate feet. No feet are attractive. Supermodels have ugly feet. Ryan Gosling probably has ugly feet.
I inherited some sweet bunions. My feet hurt a lot and working years in retail did not help out. I had my right foot corrected in 12th grade. And now at 35 I've tackled the left. It's not even that painful. Maybe to the average person, but this 'pain' is laughable compared to UC pain and surgical pain from getting gutted. This is nothing more than an annoyance at best. I've barely taken any pain meds. I think two pills in 24 hours. I can't walk on it at all for a week. No weight on it at all. So that means crutches. They are awful. Every time I'm upstairs, something I want is downstairs and vice versa. It takes me 9 years to navigate across the house. Ugh- what was I thinking. I'm laying in bed like a slug...gaining weight by the minute from not moving.
Luckily I got some shopping done last weekend because I will not have the capability to wander around for quite a while.
Here is Daughter #2 and me at Sephora--->

I am looking forward to driving those motorized carts in the store though. I seriously get excited about the lamest things. I also need to be elevating my foot. Translation- laying around with my feet up and having people wait on me.... OH! Sounds heavenly.
We went to the zoo Sunday- I am so weak from surgeries. Walking around for a few hours felt like I ran a 5k. OMG I am so out of shape. Once this foot heals up- I need to light a fire under my ass. No more skinnyfat girl. NOPE!


I go to the surgeon tomorrow to get the drain out. I tried to check things out but it is wrapped up mummy tight and I can't see anything. I will be taking pics tomorrow when he unwraps it! I'm such a sicko. My doctor's think I'm nutty.
As for my guts and stuff, the anestesia and narcotics have basically put my system in hibernation. NOTHING is going on. Probably why I'm gaining weight by the day. I even stopped the lomotil because I need something to change. Strong coffee? Prune juice? Taco Bell? Hmmmmm..... ;-)
Here is a pic of my feet.

Obviously the right one has no issues. Still ugly, but no issues.  I can't wait to see the left one tomorrow!!! Yeah! It'll be a bit before I can get a pedi though. That's going to suck.
Anyway- I'm just sitting on my ass, thinking that I'm nuts for doing this.
Here's my mummified foot all elevated in case you care.

 But if not now, when? I'd like to get back to work at least part time in January so that will be tough enough as I haven't worked since June 2010. I'll go back to retail part time but I can't do full time anymore. I can't do the nights and weekends. I have no interest or patience anymore getting treated like crap at my job when I could be home with my family. Plus I don't think my body could handle jumping into full time right away. Not to mention I'm taking two classes in the spring. That's a lot to juggle with the kids, house, etc.... Plus Hubs has commitments to teach on Tuesday nights and Saturday mornings so my availability will be far from open. Oh well...we'll see. First I have to be able to walk again... I won't be in a normal shoe for a while. I have a sweet Herman Munster platform velcro shoe. I'm going to have Daughter #1 sparkle it up and I'll post a pic. Gotta have some flair, right?? Okay boys and girls, I am off to ice and elevate and watch some stuff on TV. Maybe address my Christmas cards.
Everyone have a good night. I'll let you know how the appointment goes tomorrow and post some gross Post-OP pics of my foot!! =)
Later! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment