Thursday, November 15, 2012

To my OBGYN with love.

Yeah.... considering how much time I spend at the doctors/hospitals etc... you would think I would just be miserable at the thought of having to go to the gyno. Not so much. My doc is AMAZING. I moved to Texas three years ago and I had two concerns; finding a salon and finding a gyno. Well, I just picked a practice. The first two times in I saw the NP who was nice. On a fluke I ended up with my current doctor because I had to reschedule. I am so happy that happened. Given all my IBD issues I was so ecstatic to have found someone to be real with. She listens and is real and we have a great doctor/patient relationship. Hubs has baked for her. She was completely on board for any issue that may come up with my IBD, especially during my pregnancy with Daughter #2. If every doctor was like her, the world would be better. She listens. She doesn't talk AT you all arrogant. She really is amazing. I had my first appointment with her post colon eviction. I got to show her the pics of my colon. She couldn't believe how awful it looked and more so, that once it came out I felt like a different person. She is one doctor I don't mind scheduling. She had left the practice I originally met her at and I followed her to her new one. Secretly, I think she likes me because I delivered Daughter #2 in only 7 minutes. :) Seriously. She came up the elevator right at 5 and VIP showed up at 507p. Nice. I guess the point of my post is to tell people to find doctors you can talk to. Who listen. Who talk to you, not at you. I've had more practice than a lot of people, but I can now say I'm surrounded by doctors that I never hold back from. The more you are surrounded by white coats, the more your filter comes off. I can say whatever I need to, ask embarrassing stuff, say embarrassing things and be totally ok with it. And the needles stopped freaking me out. Finally. Before all my UC started I never needed a doctor. I did my routine gyno trip and that's it. I'm getting closer to returning to that person. I can't wait for that day and I'm happy I have a rockstar gyno to do the honors!
****PSA- get regular pap smears girls. Check your tatas. A few minutes out of your day could save your life. XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Such an important message. I, too have that kind of relationship with more than one of my docs. It makes all the difference in the world. The one doc I feel less comfortable with, I put off seeing. Really enjoying reading more posts about advocacy from you because it means you are feeling so healthy!

    ReplyDelete