Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Doubt and procrastination. A nasty cocktail.

I've been meaning to sit down and write for a few days but for some reason have had zero energy. So sluggish. Not sure what it is. Went off my Lomotil because I was sick of being out of it and stoned all day but my body went right back to high liquid output. My lightheadedness came back and my bags were filling nonstop and it was annoying. So- back to the Lomotil <Sigh>.
I scheduled my reversal surgery for October 5th. My surgeon said everything looks awesome. By the time October comes around I should have very little chance of adhesions and no inflammation left which will decrease the chance of complications. It should take him about 90 minutes maximum, ideally. Maybe 4 days in the hospital depending on how long it takes for my intestines to 'wake up'. That means poop to all my non-IBD friends. Guts are very sluggish after surgery, after prep. For me, most of my small intestines haven't been used since May 20th. It's going to be interesting. Very excited. I put in what should be my last order of ostomy supplies today. It will be nice to have that drawer back in my bathroom. As excited as I am about surgery, there is this little part of me that thinks, "Maybe I should just keep the stoma". Weird huh?! It's just that, I know what to expect with the stoma. I've gotten used to it. We understand each other now. I'm not pissed off at it anymore because our relationship has grown over the last 3+ months.  =) So yes, there's a part of me that is slightly intimidated by the unknown of the J pouch. I know it's going to be an adjustment. Big time. More importantly, completely inconvenient to poop again! Hahahaha..seriously. Totally weird. So I'm kinda struggling with that one. I don't know. Excited and a little anxious. Hoping it doesn't throw my life into a tizzy again. So, I'm basically counting down. It'll come at a good time too. Right about when I need to start wearing jeans and pants. Right now, summer dresses are easy and accomodate the wafer. Buttoning pants over it is tough, and searching for pants that sit low enough to be under it while not having my ass hang out is a challenge. I'm not a fan of the escaping butt crack. Trashy!!
My skin was doing so awesome... right now I'm just dealing with it being raw. It's weeping through the adhesive. I think it's because I've been slacking on blow drying the adhesive after showering. My skin staying wet under it is not creating a good environment. Ugh. So I'll be changing it daily for a few days to hopefully get rid of the inflammation. A few months ago I would have cried over this. Now- I have my life back so these little issues are a pretty fair trade off!!
I'm ok with my stoma. Looking forward to see how this J pouch works- but for now, life is good. No complaints. If this is how life is with no colon, I'm good!! And happy! =)


Loving bright color block denim for fall. So far I've bought this blue, red, green and I also got a grey leopard print! Obnoxious! Love it!! =) Now if only this hell fire weather would knock it off. 100 degrees still! Make it stop!! Ugh.
Dillan has her first swim team practice today!!! So exciting. She better love it because the check already cleared! ;-)
I'm counting down to flying to NY with the girls at the end of this month. Nervous about how Violet is going to be. I had always bought Dillan a seat when she was young and just had her in her carseat in the plane. This time I didn't and she's NOT going to be happy having to sit on laps. This kid loves to GO... Every day I get closer is a day I get more stressed about it. I'm going to be one of THOSE parents. I know it. I can already feel the eyes burning holes in me because my 14 month old is going to be a total spaz! I want to fast forward through that flight. I'm not even that stressed about my ostomy and the TSA compared to Violet. I'm sure it will make for a great story. :-/

For some odd reason, the days go by FASTER now that the kids are in school. It's already noon. It feels like I just woke up! I've accomplished nothing but a shower. I have about 5 crafts I keep 'meaning' to do but just haven't done it. Ridiculous. I'm such a procrastinator. Not sure why... nothing I have to do is stressful or causes anxiety. I've always been this way. Even with easy stuff. I'm an oddball.
Hope everyone had a great long Labor Day weekend.

I stumbled across this quote from Roald Dahl and I'll leave you with it---->
One of my favorite childhood authors.
"...if you have good thoughts they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely.” 

Thanks for reading. Feel free to share! XO

No comments:

Post a Comment