Monday, September 10, 2012

Chaos, whirlwind days and stress.

It hasn't been the greatest few days. I think the scar tissue I have internally is causing me pain. It's very weird, and it comes and goes. Stabbing pain that is not fun. All I can figure is that it's scar tissue. Adhesions maybe? Plus, the raw skin around my stoma is back with a mission to make me miserable. Trying to change my wafer the second I feel any itching and burning that indicates leaking. The eakin seals are randomly acting differently than they have in the past. Melting quickly and coming up and out into my bag. I may have to go back to paste which isn't my first choice because of the alcohol in it and it burns like a bitch.
SO between the raw skin pain and the random internal pain, I don't want to do anything. And today is Monday and Monday's are going to suck. Dillan is home from school at 320. She has swim from 530-6 and then Girl Scouts immediately following swim until 730pm. And I mean immediate. As in, changing in the car and going to the meeting wet. UGh--- fun.. and then I find something random to do, probably with Violet, to kill time until she's done. It's just far enough away from home to not make driving home worth it. In the meantime today, I have returns to make. You know what- screw it. I'll do all that crap while she's at Scouts. Why bother Taxi driving around twice today. Perfect! Now I can be a slug and lay around. Excellent problem solving Lisa. EXCELLENT!! =)
Still am not prepared for the trip I'm taking with two kids in 15 days. Clothes need to be bought for everyone because they are in fall temps in NY. Kids have nothing yet in terms of jeans etc... It's still in the 90s here.
I am still on a hunt for a pack N Play for VIP to sleep in while I'm up there. I may need to put out a request via FB to find one. I like things to be all set when I get there. I can't stand things being hectic and chaotic. It makes me nuts. And I still have to find something cute for my Gram's party, as nothing fits me AGAIN. I change weights way too much. I need to keep an entire size run of everything in my closet. Hopefully after surgery in October my weight will finally stop fluctuating and I can get into an exercise routine. Yeah- great plan. I want to go back to work after I've recovered so we'll see. Between Dillan's activities, Mat's teaching and training, that will be interesting. Part time here I come. I guess that is probably best since I haven't had to be full time since June 2010. I will need to readjust. My body will have to readjust. Fun times ahead.
In the meantime, I'm taking an online course I need so it's not too bad with consuming time. I got a 95 on my first assignment so if that's any indication, this should go well.
Completely hit my supply amount for bags. I can't reorder until the 15th. Not smart. So I have some minibags that last like 2 hours at most and those are going fast. It looks like I'll be going back to gross draining pouches until the 15th. I need to have all my supplies ready to go because I wil be over packing them for my trip. It's not like I can run to CVS and pick up Eakin seals!! So, let's hope I pack enough and have no issues. Fingers crossed!!!
My stoma is no longer SS for stupid stoma...it is SS for shrinking stoma. This thing just keeps getting smaller. The 3/4 inch stoma opening is too big and I think that's what is causing my issues. Just requested some wafers that are smaller. Hopefully they'll get here fast! If those work I'll have to order the new size and send back the two boxes of wafers I just got shipped. The fun never ends people! NEVER!!! =)

Just wanted to take a moment to say that I really am hands down, a kick ass mom. Why you ask? Well, when Dillan was around 12-18 months, I taught her how to sake her butt on command by saying 'Shake your booty". Well, it was not a fluke, ladies and gents. Violet now stands and shakes her money maker on command when you say, "Shake your booty". Yes, I am so proud. Just beaming. ;-) Let's hope there are no poles in their future. Hee hee.
On that note- I'm going to attempt to take my little booty shaker to lunch. Mat is a workout addict and went to the gym, (A new gym. In addition to his evening training and teaching 2 days), so she's going to be my lunch date. I need someone to set a fire under my ass after this next surgery. I feel like a weakling. I hate that. And the bingo arm is out of control! Holy crap.
Ok.. I need to eat! I am a skinnyfat girl after all!
Have a great day! Thanks for reading! XO


No comments:

Post a Comment