Monday, June 25, 2012

This, that and the other..

I want to start the blog off by saying that we have been in the upper 90s and this week going into our first week of triple digit temps. So what happened today?? The air conditioner for the 2nd floor stopped working. Naturally. It's 92 degrees upstairs. Luckily, the downstairs A/C is still working so we may be blowing up an air mattress tonight... I can't wait. I'm sleeping like crap enough...why not spice things up with an air mattress!!!
I'm currently shopping for a swimsuit. I guess a one piece. Or a tankini. I have no idea...I can't keep taking #1 to the pool and roasting. My new shipment of small bags comes tomorrow and I'm hoping they will work well with a swimsuit. This will be interesting. They are basically a disposable...they can't be emptied, just tossed out. Which is fine by me. Less work. But being the recycler that I am, it makes me cringe a bit. I'll have to get over it. My legs are completely albino looking too. I will probably blind half the people at the pool.
Things are going pretty well with the exception that I'm still slightly anemic and apparently hypoglycemic. My glucose was a 48 at last blood draw. Anything lower than 70 is bad. I'm not dehydrated which is surprising. I'm still having issues with lack of energy and feeling like I am going to black out. And it's always at the worst times, such as walking down the stairs. I've been afraid to go out and drive because of it. I got my glucose tested on Friday and it was 140 but I was STILL feeling like I was going to black out. So, I'm clueless. I've taken to eating lots of marshmallows, drinking sugary iced tea, and I'm sure my teeth hate me but it helps a bit.
Now- on to a very pressing issue- what to do with my hair? Stay blonde? Go darker maybe with some red? Grow it out, cut it more blunt? Keep the bangs??? The blonde is so damn high maintenance, but I feel like me that way. I like the bangs but think that bangs look better with dark hair. Maybe these decisions are keeping me up nights...that would explain a lot. Please feel free to comment with suggestions. I'm willing to give it a whirl! This is the mess I'm dealing with now----->


Things have been chugging along colon-free. I am stil struggling with dealing with the stoma and the bag issues. It really is such a pain and so gross. The most I can get is 4 days out of the wafer before it leaks. Today was day 4 for my last one, and I woke up at 6am with it creeping under the adhesive. Kind of annoying since Hubs and I stayed up watching TV until about 2am. I was NOT happy to have to shower and deal with the bag drama at 6am. Blah.
My teeny little stoma has shrunk to 3/4 of an inch. If it gets any smaller I'll have to order children's ostomy supplies. Not kidding. 3/4 of an inch is the smallest I can find for wafers in the catalog. I've got skinny guts. Ha...
#2 is zooming all over the place. It's hilarious. her personality has really started to come out the last few weeks and she's a total goofball. Not surprising. We had no chance of her being boring or "normal" with the genetic combination she got. She'll be fluent in sarcasm in no time. ;-D

All in all things have been good. The issues I'm still having are minor enough where I'm not in misery. They are more of an inconvenience than anything. I would like to get the hell out of dodge but that's not going to happen yet. Traveling anemic and dehydrated with low blood sugar sounds like a typical recipe for disaster. I don't need the drama.

On a different, weird note, today marks 2 years that I stopped working. It doesn't seem that long because being sick kinda takes the fun out of all that free time. I guess I'm reflecting and remembering mostly  because how it ended still stings. There is nothing worse than thinking you are doing the right thing, only to have the rug pulled out from under you by by people who aren't playing by the rules and have something to hide. Luckily, the people in the wrong ended up losing their jobs, but not before I was canned to protect the screw ups(and other inappropriate things) of someone else. I'd like to imagine I at least got the ball rolling in getting rid of those people who were not doing their jobs.
Either way, I paid for that which was unfortunate since I loved my job. I thought I was pretty good at it too. =(  If I had the energy, and didn't have health issues nonstop I would have pursued them legally. I just never had the motivation. Taking care of myself and my family meant more than suing the shit out of a pretty large company. I think the stress of that would have impacted my health negatively and I just couldn't afford that. Sometimes people get away with stuff. Sometimes I wish I had never had that meeting and had just kept my mouth shut. But I couldn't. I did it for my peers and hopefully now they are doing better because I "took one for the team". I miss many people and am glad for social media that I can still connect with many of them. Mostly, I miss loving something AND being good at it AND getting paid for it. I'm at the point now, at almost 35, trying to plan something new, and find a new way. It's difficult when every time you gain some momentum, a health issue knocks you back a few steps. I'm not getting any younger and want to take my life over again. It's going to take a bit longer, but hopefully, that day will come soon enough.
Thanks for reading. Hope everyone had a great weekend. Wish me luck on this bathing suit hunt. Yikes. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment