Monday, January 7, 2013

Sleep deprivation and the accompanied fun.

I'm exhausted. I've been exhausted since the summer of 2008. Seriously. Between my divorce, my move and work transfer, the custody battle my ex initiated, my illness, hospitalizations, meds and surgery,  I am a walking tired hag.  I don't mean mentally, although that happens from time to time, just physically exhausted. Where the *thought* of showering is overwhelming. I sleep like hell. My insides always seem to decide that starting at 9/10pm to be obnoxious. That carries through off and on until about 430. So that 7am alarm is brutal. Mentally, and emotionally I want to go back to work. I do. I miss it. Then I think about how I feel 90% of the time and wonder how I can pull that off. My prescription is at the WalMart that sits across the street from my neighborhood. I can't even get my act together to get it. So I'm suffering with spasms. Bad. I don't know the last time I slept through the night. I don't even want 8 hours. A solid 5 would be a dream. I've tried Ambien and I fall asleep like a dream. Too bad it's not strong enough to override my guts. It's not fun stumbling in the dark, half asleep on Ambien, trying to get to the bathroom. And trying not to wake Hubs up in the process. Ugh- I could scream. I will waste the day on the couch or in bed, dozing on and off. Today is the perfect example. I felt queasy all night. Finally went into a sleep maybe around 2. Up at 330a. Alarm at 7a to get DD #1 out the door. I was back in bed by 730a. Slept until after 10a. Wow... and I'm still tired. The queasiness remains. I'm sicker than usual today. Feeling lightheaded and seeing spots. Sticking with my saltine diet. It's almost 4p and I have no dinner plan. Nothing is defrosted. Even if it was, I would have no ambition to cook it. Somehow I will get it together. I never really know where it comes from or how I do it. Sometimes I look back on my day and I'm either disgusted or in awe of myself. My classes start in 2 weeks. I'm already wondering how I'll do it. And the wonder, is making me even more exhausted. Happy slumbers everyone. Don't ever take a well rested morning for granted. XO

3 comments:

  1. It is such a vicious circle :( Too tired to cook or eat, totally drained from not eating anything decent. I hear your pain, I have been having a bad two days myself. Sorry :((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! Need to eat something good for me, but too tired to make that happen!!! UGH!! I could scream.

      Delete
  2. It is all about inflammation. Need to attack it. Crohns, UC, IBD

    Lots of testimonials......

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anatabine


    Anatabine is the main substance in the nutraceutical supplement available at GNC called Anatabloc. The anatabine in Anatabloc is synthesized and comes from no plant. see www.anatabloc.com

    Testimonials all over internet. Over 144 at www.gnc.com One pertains to UC


    ANATABLOC attacks inflammation –see following --note tobacco
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmC3Ths-Mt8
    ANATABLOC is all about inhibiting the expression of NF-kB. NF-?B plays a key role in regulating the immune response to infection and disease.
    "Inflammation is perhaps the major medical issue of our time and the ability to diminish its risk will change the way we manage health in America / the World."


    ANATABLOC nutraceutical supplement available at GNC
    For research and review
    ANATABLOC A Revolution in Anti-Inflammatory Support http://tinyurl.com/bfyopym
    Crohn update Anatabloc "I am doing great-really great in fact" http://tinyurl.com/auu7w5b
    Also http://tinyurl.com/cko8w9k Also http://tinyurl.com/cp2wekk
    Rather than smoking to me it is great that you can get the same benefit with Anatabloc which has Anatabine in it. Dosage is dependent on weight.
    This video is dated but some info good.
    Crohn's is mentioned here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=StVre96Vzr8
    UC and Crohns is a nasty disease and incredibly personal to for obvious reasons
    Anatabloc also has a safe monoamine oxidase inhibitor, or MAOI. MAOIs are antidepressants that aid in focusing and task accomplishment. MAOi, calms, focuses, relaxes and, most importantly, acts as a powerful antidepressant. The term "MAOI," by the way, is often pronounced like the Hawaiian island of Maui.

    ReplyDelete