Saturday, June 8, 2013

I'm in pain & uncomfortable & bitchy & I'm not sorry.

Hey there--- It's been a bit. I didn't mean to go this long but life has a way of making me feel like I got blasted with a Louisville slugger and then I'm down for the count. That was way too many sports references in one sentence!
So I've been working part time and for the most part it's kicking my ass. I am just so thoroughly exhausted I can barely function on my days off. I feel so guilty because I just want to sit down and not get up. It takes everything in me to get ready... When I work I don't eat much that day so I've lost some weight that I can't afford to lose. So work days I eat maybe one time. I don't drink enough on those days either so I know it's contributing to my dehydration, sluggishness and lightheadedness. It's just not a good combination. It amazes me what that 20-25 hours is doing to me. Not to mention the days I am in so much pain while I'm working. There are nights I don't think I'll make it. Or I need to take care of something while it feels like a hot poker is searing through my insides with my spasms. It's beyond frustrating. Some days I just want to give up and stay in bed because I think, that may be overdoing it at the moment. I don't know. I'm in a horrible catch 22.
Being in chronic pain takes so much out of me. I'm wiped out over the littlest thing. And it's hard to explain it, or make people understand without just sounding like a big lazy wuss. I was supposed to see my surgeon this week  but they rescheduled me once and then I had to reschedule it due to some personal commitments. So still doing the same meds. The antispasmotic drug puts me in a coma so I guess it works???? I don't know because I'm in a coma. So that's out for daytime. 5mg of Flexeril doesn't do much and if I up it to 10mg I'll be stoned out of my mind. Same with the Valium. So not sure what to do next. Some days I can't even think about dealing with this forever. I hate thinking that way because I keep telling myself, "Well, you aren't bleeding to death anymore", but that doesn't take the current pain away. And my canker sores are back. I have 5. That used to be my warning signs for a flare. When I get them now I freak internally. So it's Stress? IBD? I don't know but they Hurt! I don't consider myself to NOT have an IBD anymore although technically my UC was gone when my colon hit the biohazard bin. I still feel as though I am an IBD patient. I always will be. The actual diseased part of my body is gone, but the aftershock of that surgery continues to affect my daily life. I don't know what to do anymore. I don't know how to deal with it some days. I am just so worn out. I had two late nights at work and on my day off today have no energy to enjoy it. What kind of shit is that??? Complete shit, that's what. I don't enjoy cooking anymore because I feel like anything I eat will kill me later, and the effort it takes is more than the energy I have. I am mentally exhausted from the stress my physical limitations cause me. Every night when I go to bed I dread the morning because it comes too soon. My sleep is broken nightly. On the odd night I sleep through the night, it's a drug induced sleep and I still feel like shit the following day.
 I know... I bitch and moan and complain...blah blah. I'm running on empty. Faking being okay takes a lot of work and today I don't feel like pretending. I want to be a crabby bitch who is in pain and discomfort CONSTANTLY and I don't want to apologize for it. I'm sorry that this is inconvenient for some but- oh well. Too bad, so sad.  I won the big IBD lottery which has been a big ole F you for me, so anyone else's inconvenience is the least of my problems. Ugh-- I HATE being this person. Today isn't an anomaly. I just took my mask off. Figuratively and literally. I'm not even putting makeup on today.  Today I want to be a miserable, chronically sick asshole and not be apologetic for it. And that's all I've got. Sorry this was a pisser. Tomorrow may bring me something to feel happier about. Enjoy your health. Don't take it for granted. Take advantage of just being able to do whatever you want. Don't put that run off until tomorrow. Or the day trip or the hike..... One day you may not be able to accomplish it because of something you have no control over and you will wonder why you put it off. Thanks for reading. Enjoy your weekend, everyone. XO

No comments:

Post a Comment